Sunday, January 10, 2010

Who Let the Dogs Out??!!

2010! Man, I’m still getting used to that! Matt and I had a wonderful time ringing in the New Year with family. After both of our days at work NYE, we packed up and headed to Matt’s parents house to spend the holiday weekend with them, the Funder5, and the Yankee Bobo’s!! Matt’s brother and his family only get to come down maybe once or twice a year, so we really have to take full advantage of the time we get to spend with them. We arrived around 8ish, and spent the remainder of the evening eating, playing games, and just spending some great quality family time with one another. Here’s a couple of pics from our NYE!

Jake, Luke, & Mac “playing” with Clara!! :)

          DSC03079 DSC03080

DSC03081

DSC03108           The boys: Luke, Christian, Jake, Cullen & Mac

DSC03083Case & Mik

DSC03085  Casey, Candy, Mikki

DSC03086       Mikey, Clay, Mattie

DSC03087 PawPaw & The Boys

DSC03094       MeeMaw & The Girls

DSC03100 MeeMaw & her babies.. I promise Matt is not groping his sister! What is wrong with that guy??!!

DSC03106   Jake, Case, & Mike

DSC03110

DSC03111             Even Clara wonders, “What is wrong with this guy??!!”

DSC03114

DSC03118

You see Cullen had to sport his Philly jersey, while everyone else supported The Boys.. Hey Cullen, “How did that Jersey work out for you last night??!! ;)

Once we all celebrated the ball drop, we quickly headed off to bed to get ready for the next day’s festivities. Bringing you all back to the headline of this post, Matt’s parent’s gave all of us Great Wolf Lodge tickets and rooms for Christmas, and we couldn’t wait to get there!! The entire family had gone for the first time, the weekend of Matt and I’s wedding, (minus Casey who had to get back North) and Matt and I had gone with MeeMaw and PawPaw and the Funder5 back in May, so this was everyone, but Case’s, second and third time. It still did not disappoint!

DSC03120

DSC03122 It was just the weirdest thing, walking into a “waterpark” with sweatshirts and jackets on!!

DSC03135 

Once we got there, we all checked in, put our stuff in our rooms, and headed downstairs to have lunch with some of MeeMaw’s family, {that would be our family too, I suppose!} before the kids couldn’t take it anymore, and headed to the waterpark!

DSC03136Our Yankee Bobo Boys: Mac, Luke, & Jake

Sadly, I didn’t get many pictures because everyone ran in different directions.. and frankly, it’s not the easiest task, to carry a camera around a waterpark! :)

** I snagged this pic from Mik’s post, of the kids before they started, Matt and I hadn’t gotten there yet..what a GREAT pic!!

NewYEarsEVE2009andGreatWolf0272DSC03139 DSC03137

 DSC03141 DSC03143

After a full day, we retired back to our rooms, showered and changed, and headed back downstairs for the rest of the evening. Mikki and Clay had gotten all the boys the “MagicQuest” as their Christmas presents, so that occupied most of Mikki and the boys time. The remainder of us enjoyed dinner and ice cream, and peaking in on their game, before calling it a night.

I snagged this one too from Mik, a pic of Cullen’s Wolf Den that MeeMaw and PawPaw got him for his 10th birthday..a little add on to the Christmas present!!

NewYEarsEVE2009andGreatWolf0252

DSC03151

DSC03146

DSC03147

The next morning, bright and early, Mike, Case & the boys flew home, while we all enjoyed a couple more hours in the waterpark, before lunch at Saltgrass with MeeMaw and PawPaw {YUMMY} and heading home ourselves. We missed those Yankee Bobo’s that day, but LOVED every single second, we got to spend with them, while they were here.. Can’t wait for next time!!

Since that weekend, I have been..

S-I-C-K Sicky Sick SICK!!

Miserable awful sick. :( Hopefully I’m on the upswing. I had to miss out on friend time with Holly & Ainsley, Ginger & Reese, and Ashley Saturday afternoon, as well as Cowboys get together Saturday night at Cody & Mel’s!! {by the way, WAY TO GO COWBOYS!!! Winning their first Playoff Game since 1996!!  Now bring me home a SUPERBOWL!!!}

I hope everyone had just as lovely as a start to the New Year as we did! I won’t be making any resolutions this year, because we all know how well that worked our for me last year!!! I will say I look forward to many changes in 2010! I look forward to turning 30 {Ouch!} I look forward to moving and living for FREE! {YAY} I look forward to warmer weather {ha!} I look forward to paying off debt {because of said free rent} I look forward to VACATION {wherever that may be} I look forward to whatever God has in store for me {Perhaps……} :) So, I’m looking forward to 2010, hope you are too!!

Until Next Time!!

No comments: