Wednesday, January 7, 2009

It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life for me..and I'm feelin good!

Let's face it.. I am

Fat.
Unhealthy.
Tired.
Worn down.
Lazy.

How's that for a slap in the face?! Don't get me wrong, it's not like I have just come to this realization..it's been upon me for quite some time now..I just, as of yesterday, got "real" with it. I had my "A-ha" moment. And where else, but...Oprah! I tivo her show everyday, and watch it when I get home from work or whenever I can catch the time. This week is all about making your BEST LIFE for 2009. Monday was Food and Fitness, Tuesday was Health, Wednesday is Spiritual, Thursday is Money, and Friday is Life (love, sex, and so on). I just cried and cried after seeing yesterday's show. Dr. Oz makes it soooo real and relevant! You of course can find out more and read more on oprah.com, but seriously who doesn't know about oprah!

I know it's not all about losing weight, or seeing the right number on the scale, fitting into the perfect size of jeans..it's about health..living your best life, in all aspects. Oprah says I'm fat not b/c I love food, but b/c of a deeper meaning, but I honestly don't know why I'm fat..I LOVE food..I love eating it, I love it as a form of entertainment, a great gathering of friends and family, I LOVE food.. and not for the nutrition it gives me, b/c lets face, I get very little of that!

I know I'm not healthy. My "numbers" can't be good. I get no exercise..I HATE exercising. I drink too many cokes, and not enough water..I rarely get the "good" fats and foods I'm supposed to be eating. I do not take my vitamins. I do not go to the doctor. I think I get too much sleep. So.. no more!

In 2009, I will strive to do.. in the spirit of 2009, 9 things:
  1. Make Christ the "center" of my being..go to church..get involved
  2. Eat Better..take a multivitamin/flaxseed
  3. Exercise More
  4. Drink LESS Cokes, Drink MORE Water
  5. Go to bed and wake up at the same time everyday..no more Tylenol PM's
  6. Be a better wife/daughter/sister
  7. Be a better FRIEND.. I suck at communicating and making an effort
  8. Continue climbing Matt and I out of debt
  9. STAY ACCOUNTABLE!

So, how's that for an honest blog??!! I however know, that I {with the grace of God} have many many blessings to be thankful for. This body, however fat and unfit it may be, has allowed me to wake up, breathe, and continue throughout the day everyday. I have, by all accounts, no physical ailment, no defects, no limitations, and for that I am truly thankful. I know this is a life long commitment, not an easy fix, or a overnight kinda thing..I can always use a little help to keep me going, so I ask you keep me encouraged! Ask how I'm doing..keep me on my toes.

As a little incentive for myself, and to show the entire blog world, I wasn't always this unfit..I'll post my progression throughout time and weight thru what else for a blog.. Pictures!

1998
2000
2003
2005
2006
2007 2008
2009

Until Next Time!

11 comments:

The Johnstons said...

Oh, how long have I waited for this a-ha moment?!?! I couldn't be more proud of you for putting it all out there, coming to grips with reality, and asking for some accountability. You know I am always there to hold you accountable...I just wish we lived closer so I could give you a good kick in the rear every once in a while ;) I promise ALL the hard work and sacrifices you are making will pay off in so many ways! Looking forward to following you (and standing by your side) on this journey. Here's to an amazing, life-changing, 2009!

P.S. I especially liked #7 on your list !!!

Lulu's Journey said...

So as you know, I'm addicted to your blog... Even find myself stalking it to see if you've updated lately... We are human and truly Americans...therefore we LOVE food! I'm going down the same path right now, only with the help of my surgery. It pisses me off when people have told me in the past that I need to lose weight, exercise, blah, blah, blah... I have to be the one ready and willing to change and slowly but surely I am getting there. I beat myself up if I don't make it to the gym everyday. (but Sundays b/c thats my time with family and God) Baby steps are the only way to get there and you have made the first one. It's so freaking hard but I am a believer that you can and will do it. Good luck to you and let me know if you want to go to Parkway with me. (I'm not a nut on the machines, yet... Just walking and running everyday)

Mikki said...

YEAH!!! I have a partner!! I have been doing pretty good since before New Year's. I have limited myself to 1 or 2 Diet Dps a day. You know me...that is HUGE. I am making better choices for myself and I have a email partner who I try to keep posted and in touch with. I have been watching Oprah too and it is TOUGH!!! I am feeling better, my skin is better, and I feel spiritually better in choosing better options for me. I need to include the multivitamn and more Flaxseed. Please..we can kick each other's butts in gear....I am very happy for you. I need to do a post like that on my blog.

Mikki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Team Green said...

Holly said a lot of what I was going to say. Wonder why?

Oh Candy, I'm SO proud of you! I'm fortunate to live close to you, so I will give you two kicks in the rear when you need them. One from me and one from Smalls. It won't be easy and you'll slip up daily, b/c we are human, but at least you're making an effort and trying. You will feel SO much better. The water will help tremendously.

I burst into tears when I read number 7.

I'm here. I'll walk with you. I'll go eat healthy meals with you.

I'll do anything in the world to help you with #9. I need help too, and daily.

I love you. I'm proud of you.

Unknown said...

Candy, you are beautiful and you have a beautiful heart. I know 2009 will bring great joy to you. Thanks for taking your fellow blogging friends on the trip of happiness ahead with you. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

your mommy is balling...
I love you so very much...
and you know I will be
here and there for you...
I'm so proud of you.

The Tenner Family said...

Candy, what your wrote takes a lot of guts. It is a reminder to ALL of us that we ALL have issues we need to face, and the fact that you aren't afraid to blog about yours to your public gets a huge kudos from me.
Thank you for reminding me that complacency is not always a good thing and we should continually seek improvement in certain aspects of our lives.

The Bobo Buzz said...

Thanks guys for all your kind words and encouragement! It really does mean a lot! Amazingly, I already feel better. No cokes since Wednesday, vitamins, food, sleep..things are going great, and I really feel good about it. Day by day!

The Venables said...

So proud of you, Tandy! I know it will be hard but I know you can do it! I definitely have areas I need to improve on in 2009 and your post was such an encouragement to me to get going on it! Today is the day! Hang in there and take it one day at a time, and when you slip up like we all do, don't beat yourself up but get back on that horse, Cowgirl! I love you and am praying for you!
By the way - Hot Mamma in 1998!! Love that pic and that dress!! Why couldn't I have had better taste back then.....don't get me started on my senior celebration dress! Aagghh!

The Tennisons.... said...

Yeah Candy! I'm so proud of you! I agree with Addie...you're beautiful just because you're YOU! I love you and know you're going to succeed! I think you need to join my breast cancer walk team. You have until November 6th, 2009! It's in Dallas....3 days, 60 miles!! whew! We're the 'PINK PANTHERS'...because so far we're all from spring hill!! (you know...the GOOD school) HaHa! yeah for boobies! call me!!