Monday, July 7, 2008

...and I'm proud to be an AMERICAN!

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!! Whew, what a weekend! Why is it, that once you FINALLY get a four day weekend work-free, you need the ENTIRE five day work-week, just to re-cooperate?! Matt and I had a busy busy, fun-filled, one too many hot dog, jam packed good ole' time. Let's see.. It all started Thursday night, with a surprise 30th birthday party for Matt's longtime friend, Josh Young, at stone lake. We had a wonderful evening, and got a chance to catch up a little with old friends. It was GREAT getting to see "the gang" together again. Here's a few pics from the evening. Mark, Philip, Adam, Gangster Kirk, Buck, Josh, Shane, Sparks, Matt, Michael

Matt & Mark (take one) Matt & Mark (take two)

Josh McAfee doing a little old school entertaining..
Ashley with her babies, Dylan & Lane

Me & Matthew
Friday the fourth, = S L E E P! It was Great! :) Matt had been staying at Mikki and Clay's for the week, while the entire Bobo/Funder Family spent the holiday with Mike, Casey, & the kids. Too bad we didn't get to go! :( Anyways, so the apt. was unusually quiet this day, and I took full advantage of it. That afternoon flew by, and before I knew it, Matt and I were picking Holly up, and headed out for the Satterwhite's Annual 4th of July Fun at the Farm! Cody, Mel, the kids, Sammy, Nancy, and Melanie's niece Melaina and her friend Heather, joined us this year. The Satterwhite's always go way out for the holiday, but I do believe this was the best year yet! Over 1000 attended a night full of hotdogs, apple pie, and sweet tea. There were games for the adults, games for the kids, and even 2 huge blow up water slides this year..very cool, if I do say so myself. Here are a couple pics, of course, of the fun!

Brennan & Addi


Addi & Lane Brennan & Kyle McFarland


Mel & Addi Mel & Brennan


Me & Matthew Me & Holly


A few of the highlights from the night. The fireworks were spectacular! Even brought a tear to my eye for a sec. I don't know if it's the fact, that they're really that good, or that they're so close, or the music Sammy choreographs with them, but it was very special..very patriotic. Mel said the best she'd ever seen, Cody claimed he was asking for a refund on the fireworks he had purchased for the next night! ;) ha!



Saturday was another good sleep in day, and afterwards I headed off to Holly's to spend some time with her and Parker..FINALLY! I haven't gotten to spend alot of time with Parker, and really get to know his personality too much, so I was thankful for the little time we got. We played trucks and tickled, watched his bath..and off to bed he went. In the afternoon though, during a nap, Holly and I were able to sneak off and do a little dress shopping. It was something I kept putting off, but all in all it was pretty painless. I tried on three, and of course didn't find "the one" yet, but it gave me motivation to start that "diet" I've been talking about for months..wait years, and look forward to trying on some more. Sorry, no pics! :)
Later that night, we went to Cody and Melanie for their 4th of (5th of) July bash. We watched the kids swim, ate alot, and Cody put on the First Annual Ferguson Fireworks Extravaganza! See pics!

The fireworks were a little too loud for Demi's sweet lil ears!


The "Ferguson Girls" Me, Mel, & Casey
While Cody, Andy, Sammy, & Stephen Bills, a friend of cody and mel's AND Matt and I's PASTOR who's going to marry us (Woo-Hoo) attended to the fireworks, this is what Matthew did!..so Typical!!
and of course, the fireworks! notice in the pic, all the guys huddled together.. so serious, too funny!

Sunday was a real treat for me. Holly & Parker, Ashley, Philip, Dylan & Lane, Ginger, Melanie, Cody & the kids, and I all spent the afternoon at the pool at Cody & Mel's. Casey joined us for a sec, but Demi wasn't feeling well, so motherhood called! :) Amanda had to work. The event was to plan Matt and I's first shower. A couple's laua shower! :) I'm so very excited, after planning and attending EVERYONE else's shower, it's finally my turn! Cody cooked out hotdogs, and we spent the afternoon just hanging out and enjoying every one's kids and company..and you guessed it, here's the pics!
Holly & Parker

The "daddies" and their girls!


How Cute is She?!

Melanie & Ginger
Until Next Time!!

3 comments:

Them Chandlers said...

Looks like y'all had a great time!!

Anonymous said...

Candy-

Love your blog. I'm addicted to reading Mikki's which is what led me to yours. I wish I would slow down long enough to do it myself. I think it is an great way to look back on your "wedding adventure" and savor the memories. I am so excited for you and Matt!! Enjoy this time in your life because it is such an exciting time! Best wishes and lots of "marital bliss!!!"

Lori "Malone" Bess

The Johnstons said...

wow, you summed it all up very well. i've got to do that soon...and i'm going to "borrow" some of your pics for my post because they're better than mine. had such a wonderful time getting to see you and the fam so much! hope the wednesday walking went well...love you!