Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Happy Birthday to Matt..

This past Saturday, July 12th, was Matt's 31st birthday! WOW! Does 31 not sound so old??!! I guess just for Matt.. ;) That morning, Matt enjoyed a free round of golf at Cascades from his father and Clay (as usual)..not the free part though, just ask our VOW leader, golf $$ is ALWAYS a topic of conversation! :) While Matt was busy golfing CaCa had Addi. Here's a pic after 4 very long hours of Addi napping, so long in fact, that I woke the child up, just to make sure she was still breathing..what can I say, I guess she get's it honest! :)

After Matt got home, we headed to Shreveport (one of our favorite places!) and I treated Matt to Horseshoe's Jack Binion's steakhouse, where we met our friend Colleen and her boyfriend Adam. You like how each couple matched??!! I know..dorks!

We had a wonderful YUMMY dinner, and even better conversation with friends. After dinner, Colleen and Adam ditched us, and Matt and I enjoyed a little casual entertainment with some gambling at the boats!! :) Luckily Matt had some birthday luck on his side, and we came home with a little extra cash!!

The next day, Missy and Addi, came over to help Matt and I finish up our registries.

Cody, Melanie, Brennan, Andy, Casey, Demi, Talan, Mike & Becky (my uncle and aunt and also andy's parents) and Robert & Teresa (also my uncle and aunt) all left for Destin on Friday WITHOUT Missy, Me, Matt, and most importantly Addi! What awful parents, I know. So we've all been taking turns keeping Addi for the week. My dad had her on Friday, Missy Sat-Mon, and Matt and I will have her from today until Thursday. Here's a too too cute pic! (It's so funny how kids minds work, as soon as I get my camera out, she yells "cheeese" and heads directly for the fireplace) Hence all the fireplace pics!

We headed for Dillard's first. Last time Matt and I "attempted" this on our own. After two long hours, and only TWO registered candle holders later, we called in reinforcements! I knew starting out, this probably would be a little tricky, seeing as how an almost two year old would be joining us this time.. The first ten minutes, needless to say, were torture! What is it when you tell a child "don't touch", they want to touch EVERYTHING! If I could wipe out two words in the english language, it would be "MINE" and "NOOOOOOO", Addi's two favorite words! ;) Matt is soooo good with kids, and I know he'll be a wonderful father, but when they start crying he completely shuts down! I mean...D-O-N-E! I've tried explaining to him, "Honey, kids cry" but, he wants NOTHING to do with it. (I think I'm in trouble!)

After a long breather, Matt returned, and with Addi back to "normal", we really ended up getting everything accomplished.

My lil' helper! Next stop, Target! Matt decided to take a proactive approach this time, and for about an hour, this is where you could find Matt and Addi! :)


We'll see what the rest of the week holds for us, my bible study starts tonight, so Matt will have Addi ALL to himself tonight..oh boy!

Until Next Time!

4 comments:

The Tenner Family said...

Oh my gosh, Candy. That is HILARIOUS! The pic of Matt is priceless! I think all guys feel like that when registering, even without a 2-year-old running around!!

The Johnstons said...

happy belated birthday, matt! looks like y'all are ready for children already! :)

Colleen said...

We didn't DITCH yall....we ended up goin home and goin to bed...were OLDDDDDD...we can't hang like we use to. :)
We had so much fun though...I mean, we had 3 hours of dinner/conversation! LOL Can't wait for the couples shower! :)

Unknown said...

The picture of Matt is hilarious!! Don't worry...he'll bounce out of his, "I don't like it when kids cry," stage! And, you guys looked so cute together on his birthday night!