Thursday, August 14, 2008

Are You Ready For Some FOOTBALL??!!


For those of you that know me at ALL, you know that I am a HUGE Cowboys Fan (maybe not as much as Mrs. Price, aka the world's #1 Cowboys Fan), but I believe I can hold my own!

Sure..everyone knows, that the Dallas Cowboys are "America's Team", and if you're from Texas, surely you're a Cowboys fan too..but I believe, at least in this era, I have in a since, qualified to become a fan. I watched the Cowboys as a child and teenager, but never really understood the game, or the legacy behind the Cowboys, until a couple of years ago. Once Romo secured his position as starting quarterback, I was hooked. It's kinda of like, I am starting from the beginning, watching and hoping this set of guys take us straight to the SUPER BOWL!

If you haven't already found this jewel, HBO's new season of Hard Knocks: Training Camp with the Dallas Cowboys! It comes on every Wednesday night (until Sept. 3) at 9pm. If you're a Cowboys fan, you NEED to watch it! Not only does it focus on the daily grind of training camp, but it gives you an insight as to who the players really are, where they come from, and where they want to go! It's FANTASTIC! So in-depth, and humorous.
http://www.hbo.com/hardknocks/


Now, I'd like to introduce you to a FEW of my favorite players! :)

Starting Quarterback, #9 from Eastern Illinois, Tony Romo!!
Wide Receiver, #81 from Tennessee-Chattanooga, Terrell Owens!
Tight End, #82 from Tennessee, Jason Witten!Running Back, #24 from Minnesota, Marion Barber! Wide Receiver, #84 from NW Oklahoma State, Patrick Crayton!
Kicker, #6 from Arizona, Nick Folk!
Punter, #1 from Hawaii, Mat McBriar!

I also enjoy pretty much the entire starting offensive & defensive line as well, but that is WAY too many to picture!
Flozell Adams, Marc Colombo, Andre Gurode, Ken Hamlin, Anthony Henry, DeMarcus Ware, Chris Canty, Marcus Spears, Greg Ellis, Anthony Spencer, Bradie James, Bobby Carpenter, Kevin Burnett, Terence Newman, Ken Hamlin, Roy Williams, and newbie to us Zach Thomas!

Here's some guy's I'm keeping my eye on this season!

Cornerback, #21 from West Virginia, Adam "Pacman" Jones!Running Back, #28 from Arkansas, Felix Jones!

Defensive Tackle, #66 from Washington, Tank Johnson!
I'm not sure if this next one is going to make the team or not, but I like him! He's got GREAT Character!
Wide Receiver, #16 from Ramapo, Todd Lowber!

You can't have a team without a coach..Wade Phillips!But..of Course, I do believe the brains and real magic behind the Cowboy's recent success, is none other than ASST. coach, Jason Garrett!

Soon the leaves will be turning, the charcoals will burn, the air will turn brisk, and the sound of cheering will fill our towns. Football season is upon us..the best time of year.

GET CHA' POPCORN READY!!

Until Next Time!!

3 comments:

The Johnstons said...

as usual, you have left me speechless. you are a mess! i don't know what's worse...that you know ALL of that information or that you spent that much time posting about it!

Unknown said...

Go COWBOYS! I can't wait! You selected some great pictures of post of our boys :)

Anonymous said...

HOLLY AND I are in TOTAL agreement... I SIT HERE IN TOTAL AMAZEMENT OF THIS POSTING... you are amazing... TO REMIND US ALL THAT THE COWBOYS START BEFORE YOUR WEDDING... how did your colors stray from the COBALT BLUE AND SILVER OF AMERICA'S TEAM (CANDY'S TEAM) ???