Thursday, August 7, 2008

Let's get this Party Started!!

A few updates before we get started.. (1) I found "A" dress. Still not convinced it's "The" dress, but none the less, it's the one were going with!! (2) Matt and I officially finished our VOW classes (Pre-Marital skills based counseling) last night, and are happy to report, we passed with flying colors!! Who Knew! So, for all of you that wondered out there, It's still a Go!! :)

O-Tay! Where to begin..This past weekend, was Matt & I's COUPLES SHOWER!! I thought it turned out FANTASTIC, more than I could have ever hoped for! Great turn out, Great food, Great Friends, Great PRESENTS!! :) Thanks to all my hostesses that made it such a huge, wonderful, memorable success! Now, it's time to bring on the Pictures!!
Pre-Party Planning!I'm posting this next pic, because it represents me opening up my FIRST official wedding gift. Lindsey Hughes sent it, b/c she wasn't able to make it to the shower, and of course I just had to take a pic! Thanks Linds!! :)

Our Couples shower was Luau themed, and held at Cody & Mel's house. We had fajitas and rice and beans from Papaciatas, Casey made homemade sopapilla cheesecake (which were fantastic by the way, and got RAVE reviews) and to top it off, we even had a margarita machine! Here's a pic of Matt & I with our hostesses with the mostesess!! :)

Andy & Casey Ferguson, Aaron & Amanda Ferguson, Philip & Ashley Green, Matt & Candy (Bobo-to-be), Seane & Ginger Richardson, Jered & Holly Johnston, Cody & Melanie Ferguson

..and one with just the girls! :)
(I promise my matron-of-honor Holly, was happy to be there, and is happy were getting married! She unfortunately got incredibly sick, and had to leave right after this. I was VERY sad she missed out on the shower, and all her hard work putting it together, but was thankful she got herself better, by taking it easy!)

Since of course, this was a "couples shower" it's only fitting that I show pics of some of the couples..so here goes!

Jered & Holly
Ashley & Philip
Seane & Ginger
Cody & Melanie
Amanda & Aaron, Casey & Andy
Christy & Reggie
Brent & Jennifer
Tony & Lindsey
Dan & Rachel
Becky & Mike, Robert & Teresa
Ashley & Josh Buck & Angela
Lorrie & BooBoo
Rachel & Buddy
Colleen & Adam
Kendrah & Brad
Katie & Jeremy
Scott & Angela
and the Infamous Sopapilla Cheesecakes!!
..and a few, other "couples"! :)

The Moms- MeeMaw & Missy
Clara & Mikki
Keith & his favorite person there that night, Scott!

Addi & Nini
Ashley & Brennan
Brad & Andy Melanie & Sammy
Aaron & Cody
Ginger & Mel (Up to NO Good!)
Matt & Ginger
Lauren & ME
Addi & Donna
Seane & Matt
Mel & ME (and my Book!)
..and just a few more, just for fun! :)





..and..





Do you like how this was OUR shower, and we don't have any pictures together?? Not sure how that happened, but I did snag one of us opening our gifts! It was an incredible shower, a fantastic night..can't wait for more!!


Until Next Time!

6 comments:

The Venables said...

Looks like a great party! I am SO sad I missed out on all the fun, but I'm glad you had such a great turnout and hopefully got lots of great gifts!
love ya,
addie

The Tenner Family said...

I'm so sorry we weren't able to come either! The family had already planned to come in for the weekend. What fun it looks like everyone had!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! It looks like you guys had a BLAST!!!

The Johnstons said...

wow, that was a lot of pictures...it ALMOST made me feel like i was there the entire night. it looks like my sickness caused me to miss out on lots more people and lots more fun...sadness! of all the pictures, the one that stood out the most was the one of aaron and cody...i know aaron is not throwing a gang sign, is he...what is wrong with that guy?!?! :)

Anonymous said...

the pictures are GREAT... I was there and missed some of this... of course this pic of MEEMAW and ME looks like we were not missing any "REFILLS" and we had "NON-ALCH DRINKS" We were HIGH on HAPPY!!! We are so proud of you both!

Beth said...

Hate that we missed it. Looks like you guys had lots of fun.