Sunday, September 7, 2008

How Sweet It Is..to be loved by you

okay, first things first. Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm not as cheesy and sentimental as my headline, so the "How Sweet It Is" part will make sense in a bit! Had to stick with my musical theme.. :)


This past Saturday, was Matt and I's second shower at Matt's Parent's house. It was basically Matt's family's family, friends, and church group. It was a great shower, and Matt and I really scored alot of gifts :) (My favorite part, is that horrible to say..I think it's better than Christmas!!) Matt has a brilliant idea to divorce and remarry every year, to see how many presents we can bring in. ;) ha! Anyways, It's theme was "Fun in the Sun on the lake" with sweet treats and homemade ice cream..yum! We had a great turnout, and I think everyone really enjoyed themselves. It was really good getting to meet alot of the guests, before the wedding too! Below are a few pics from the day!! :)


Mikki has really gotten into baking and decorating cupcakes lately, and let me tell you firsthand, they taste as good as they look! She's really done an absolute amazing job, and should go into business, in my opinion! Here a few of her pics of her previous work.





and the ones from our shower!! The purple ones were chocolate w/ peanut butter filling, The orange ones were vanilla w/ cheesecake filling, and the white ones were key lime w/ key lime filling!! How Sweet It Was!! :)

..and our food table!In preparation for the big day after our shower, Matt and I decided to sport our cowboy jersey's to the shower! :)We also wore our jersey's in honor of Clay, who is a not so Cowboys fan! ;) ..but I think he secretly is!! :)
(On a side note, my Cowboys won today! Woo-hoo 1-0..and to top it off, Clay-Matt-and I are in a fantasy football league, and I am spanking Clay with 4 games up, and Matt with 2!! :)

Since this was of course a lake shower, here are a few pics from the lake! :)

Dad's and their kiddoes on the seadoo for the first time!!

Our incredible nieces and nephews (minus Jake, Luke, & Mac)

A few of our guests..


While on a boat ride, Mikki decided to take some "artsy" pics of my ring, and since I've never shown a picture of my beautiful ring before, I decided to take this opportunity to do so!! :)


After the ring pics, I guess my headline could be appropriate!! :) lol awwww! Next weekend is Matt and I's third and FINAL shower!! :( I hate for it to come to an end, b/c that means the wedding is that much closer..I've got so much to do still.



Until Next Time!!

6 comments:

The Johnstons said...

those ring pics are so pretty, and those cupcakes look delish!! um, i know you didn't wear a cowboys jersey to your bridal shower. got me thinking. i remember another party we went to and you wore this hockey jersey. ha!! you never cease to amaze me...or bring a smile to my face! :)

Mikki said...

Awwww...thanks for the compliments Candy!! Maybe one day...for now though anybody that wants some sweets if I can do it I am more than happy to....for a fee of course!! LOL I love it!! Maybe when I am older I will open up a small shop to play in and pay someone else to clean up after me.

Unknown said...

LOVE the ring! You and Matt are SO CUTE!

The Venables said...

Super fun! Mabry and I just had a dance party to the music on your blog so thanks for that! Those cupcakes look amazing and your ring is absolutely gorgeous!! Looking forward to seeing you this weekend!
Oh-and I love Holly's comment about the jersey.....I think I remember that hockey jersey.:) Love ya!

The Tenner Family said...

Dang! That's a big ring!! Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

the DAY, the SHOWER, the FAMILY, and the FUN!!! everything was so perfect...
and I have a NEW FAVORITE PICTURE OF YOU AND MATT!!!
Both of you look so HAPPY!
this one is "BEST EVER"