Sunday, September 21, 2008

Put me in Coach, I'm ready to play..

What a GREAT game weekend it was!

FRIDAY:
Lobo game, take 2! Matt and I joined Ginger and Seane, and Ashley and Dylan for the Longview vs. Lufkin game at Lobo Stadium. The night started off pretty rough. Ginger had gotten tickets for her and Seane and Matt and I, the day before. I asked if she made sure they were reserved chairback seats, and when she said yes, I thought..no problem, they'll be great. WRONG! The entire first half was the most miserable experience I may have ever had..not to mention the Lobos were down something like 20-7!

Our seats were located in section A, row 4, seats 1-4. So this positioned us at the far corner of the stadium, 4 rows up. The seats were INCREDIBLY little, with NO leg room..I understand I may exaggerate sometimes, this being not one of those times. The guys' knees behind me, were literally on top of my shoulders. If someone in the middle for instance, needed to get out, the ENTIRE row had to move.. I kept thinking to myself, I know I've gotten bigger, but these cannot possibly be the same seats we had when I was in high school! Beyond that, I questioned how the booster club and athletic department sold any season tickets with those seats!

Around halftime, Ashley text me and said she had 4 empty seats beside her. Her parents have season tickets, and sit in the same place, with the same people, as when I was in HS. We all decided to move, just to enjoy the other's company, but to our amazement we when arrived at section H, row 17 we were ecstatic to discover the chairs were MUCH larger, with plenty of leg room. Things were starting to look up. After chatting with parents of friends, and long lost teachers and such..I begin to feel the Lobo spirt take over me. (Matt, on the other hand, explained his thoughts of fear and terror. He said he didn't like walking down to what he could only explain as, the walk of shame, where everyone was pointing at "The Bobo kid", that was so horrible in high school! haha) About that time, I began to hear the roar of the incredible Mean Green Marching Machine!!
After half, the lobos marched their way back and into TRIPLE overtime, with a 45-37 win! It was a FANTASTIC game, full of great plays, school spirit, lobo chants, and all around great fun!
Do you see this scoreboard?? It's CRAZY! They play commercials during time-outs, the ref is mic-ed and calls the penalties, there are flat screens at the concession stands, so you don't miss a play!! It's scary how much money is pumped into lobo football..which leads me to ask once again, WHY don't they get bigger seats outside the "season ticket holder ones"??!! geez!

Here's Dylan in her lobo cheerleading outfit..too cute! Great times, great times!! :)

SATURDAY:
Brennan has started playing soccer, and this was his second game. I missed the first one due to one of our showers, so this was the first one I had seen. It was SO great getting to see Brennan involved in something for the first time, and he's so good at it!! He scored FOUR goals, the most out of his entire team. The poor other team didn't score one..I think they beat em' like 14-0! Cody is the coach, and it's even funnier to see him! He's so encouraging, and calls all the boys by name and tells them where to go..He kept taking Brennan out, and I asked Mel why does he keep taking Brennan out, and she said each child needs to play at least 50% of the time, however I only saw him taking out Brennan, so I asked Cody once the game was over about it, and if you know Cody at all, you can so picture him doing this.. he kinda just smirked, and said..I felt bad, Brennan was scoring all the goals!! :) Once Cody would yell to Brennan to go back in the game though, EVERYTIME, Brennan would run out onto the field, throw his arms up, and yell "I'm In!" too cute!!

SUNDAY:
To round off my great game weekend, my Cowboys were victorious over Green Bay..can someone say 3-0??!! :)


Until Next Time!!

5 comments:

The Johnstons said...

LOVE it! my favorites are the ones of brennan playing soccer...too cute! what i would give to see cody in coaching action...i'm sure that's quite site!

The Tenner Family said...

I wish I had known y'all were at the game--I was there too. I'm sure we weren't that far from one another! Wasn't it an exciting game? WAY past my bedtime, for sure! :)

Anonymous said...

speaking as a "VERY PROUD" Missy... My Baby is a STAR!!! I'm so excited for Both My Boys... Brennan as: The Fabulous Player and Cody as: The Best Fair Coach ..and I am sure a Very Loud Little Towheaded Princess is cheering her guys from the sideline...

"wedding, 33 days to go"

The Venables said...

Okay...I have a few things to say here...

1.) Decision #1 WAS horrible since you decided not to go to the Lobo game against Evangel since I was there!! So sad I didn't get to see you girls, but how about that LOBO football?! We are such dorks.

2.) Decision #2 WAS really horrible as well since I really wanted to go to the shower but was too chicken to drive during the storm. I was afraid I would get stuck out there and not be able to make it home to my child.:(

3.) LOVE the engagement pic. Super cute of you and pretty good of Matt, too.:)

4.) Cody coaching impressionable children....SCARY and hilarious! Todd and Scott are soccer coaches for their boys as well....what, they just let anybody coach these days?!! Just kidding, I know they all do a great job....what great daddies!

Can't wait to see you soon! Go Lobos!;)

Mikki said...

You ever going to post again??? Will you send me the Bobo BLog to keep on my computer, please????