Sunday, October 19, 2008

FERGALICIOUS!!

...Sadly, in just one short week, I will lose my surname forever. I've grown very accustomed to my last name, and for 28 years, have been proud to be known as a "Ferguson"... Don't get me wrong, I am excited to be married and take the "Bobo" name, and why wouldn't I..it's every stripper's dream name..Candy Bobo ;).. But, this past weekend was a little bitter sweet for me, as I celebrated my last weekend as a Ferguson.

On Friday, I joined Cody, Mel, Uncle Michael, and the kids at the Gilmer Yamboree. We all had a wonderful evening filled with fun rides, spectacular weather, and FANTASTIC corn dogs!! :) Here of course, are a couple of pics from our outing.

Brennan and neighbor Zowie. Brennan had so much fun riding the rides with Zowie!
..patiently waiting..
sweet Addi had lots of fun too..Dr. Pepper and Cotton Candy are good...

Saturday, as I had previously mentioned, was my bachelorette party. Me and my bridesmaids (Melanie, Holly, Ginger, Ashley, & Mikki (Casey had a free pass not to attend, after all..she does live in Massachusetts) and the other Casey (cousin and wedding singer) all headed to Shreveport and back to Superior and then to the Horseshoe.. quite possibly my favorite place on earth! :).

Matt attended his bachelor party on this day as well. After two rounds of golf, they retired at his friend Buddy's for the night. Matt and I both enjoyed getting to spend the evening with some of the people we love the most, before our big day.
Unfortunately, Matt didn't get any pictures from his day, but here's some of mine!

..who knows..
I can't believe everything is finally over..or it's finally here..This time next week, I'll be married and in another country..crazy! A special thanks goes out to parents, family, and friends for making this entire experience so wonderful and memorable for Matt and I. We can't wait to spend every second with you all before, during, and after the wedding. We love you all so much, and feel so blessed for the amazing gifts God has given each of us!
Until Next Time!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Candy, I know it must be bittersweet giving up the only name you've known...here's to a new chapter in your life. I am so excited for you and pray many blessings upon you. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

My Baby Girl, "THE BRIDE"

I Love You... mom

Jenny said...

Yay! You're getting married soon! I'm so happy for you. I know you're wedding will be beautiful and I can't wait to hear all about it! By the way, you still get a treat....I knew you would know the movie quote!:) If you get a chance, send me your address...I have something for you. But if you don't have time to get it to me, I completely understand...and I can get it from Holly. Until then, have so much fun at your wedding....I'll be thinking of you!

The Cramer's said...

That cracks me up! I never really thought about your "new" name that way. But now I will forever! I think I may have to get you a stripper pole for your room now. I'm sure Matt won't mind! :)
Make sure to change name on EVERYTHING at the same time. Me being lazy I did changed mine on the important stuff than here and there and now 3 years later still don't know what name to go by at some places!
Can't wait to see the pics.