Monday, July 20, 2009

Summer Nights..

Did yall notice the cool front this weekend?? My it felt like fall {for a sec!} :)

Let’s see, Friday Cody and Mel left for Destin (withOUT their children) so I had the pleasure of picking the kiddos up from school, before Missy came and got them for the night. I quickly got them a bit to eat, before rushing home to get ready for Christian’s play Matt and I were attending that night.

IMG_2394

Crazy Kids:

           IMG_2397 IMG_2396 Addi and her pony!

IMG_2400 soo sooo sad this pic is blurry..the husband took it!

IMG_2401 IMG_2402

After mom and the kids left, Matt and I headed out for Christian’s debut in Disney’s Mulan, put on by Arts View Children’s Theater. Matt and I didn’t quite know what to expect from the play, but we both really really enjoyed it. It was sooo good! Christian did great, as did all the kids..the lead, Mulan was actually played by twins, and they acted and SANG amazing!! Unfortunately, cameras weren’t allowed during the show, so I only got a few afterwards..

IMG_2405                                            IMG_2408 IMG_2404After the play, all 9 of us went to Roadhouse for dinner to celebrate Christian’s performance, before heading home. {YUM!}

Saturday morning, bright and early, I travelled to Diana to take over kid duty for Missy for the afternoon, so she could go to work. I grabbed doughnuts on the way, (to which Brennan informed me he was allergic to, YEAH RIGHT) We ate breakfast, had a little rock concert in the driveway in the BEAUTIFUL weather, and waited for all our guests to arrive! :) We had planned a swim day, fun in the sun, cookout, and Colleen, Matt, Ashley/Philip and the kids, BooBoo/Lorrie and their kids, came out to play. We had such a fun day, and I think everyone really enjoyed themselves, I know the kids did!

IMG_2409 Mattie taking over “cooking duties” while Cody was away…

IMG_2411 IMG_2412 IMG_2410

After a long day in the sun, we all decided we should have a low-key night, and call it a movie night! :) We saw 2!! The guys went and saw Public Enemies, while the girls went to see..

3641669778_9498912627

OMGosh!!! I knew going in that this was going to be a tear-jerker, but I was NOT prepared! Ahhhh, several times it’s one of those.. “oh my gosh, I’m about to LOSE it in this theatre infront of all these strangers, breathe..breathe, moment.” Whether you end up loving or hating it, it’s definitely a must-see, but take the BOX of kleeenex! And, Mel..this is a NO MOVIE THEATRE movie for you..you must wait until it comes out on DVD!! Wow..I wish someone could have taken a picture of us girls coming out of the movie..I’m sure it was a sight to see! Next, we all decided to see..

proposal

one of THE best movies I’ve ever seen, hands down! Sooooo funny, soooo cute! “10” thumbs up from all of us, even the guys loved it! Go see it, rent it, buy it..whatever, sooo good!

Sunday was another lazy lazy day.. Matt and I went to Posado’s for lunch, and  we just watched a little TV for the rest of the day.

UPDATED:

OH MY GOODNESS.. Horrible daughter {thanks Ash!}, I forgot to post about Big Poppa’s BIRTHDAY on Sunday!! Poppa decided to take it easy on the day of his birth, so we didn’t see him on his actual birthday, but we did Saturday. Him and Donna went for lunch, and I can only assume he spent the rest of the day doing what he does best..snoozing away in his chair in front of the TV!! :) So here’s to you Poppa..Happy Birthday, I love you!!

mepoppaWe’ve got the kids again tomorrow night, so another update soon to come! :)

Until Next Time!

I’ll leave yall with a little text I received today…how WRONG!! :)

HIFROMDESTIN Hi from Destin!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree with both of your comments about those movies...I laughed so hard in The Proposal...I like the chant the best! And, when do you and Matt plan on having kids, you are getting alot of experience with your beautiful niece and handsome nephew these days. You are going to be a great mommy!!

Team Green said...

We had SO much fun. I still tear up every time I tell someone about the movie! What happened to Big Papa's birthday Sunday???