Monday, October 12, 2009

Fall..

(this is a song, remember by Clay Walker)

Eh?? Yes, it’s here!! I love love LOVE this weather..cold, rainy, snuggly weather!! Don’t you??!! The temperature, the colors, the smells..ahhh.  All I wanted to do was stay curled up in my PJ’s all weekend long, however I didn’t.. that is ALL weekend ;). On Friday, Matt and I met Ginger and Seane at the movies to see..

497687_1020_A

It was pretty dang cute, but keep in mind I sooo heart Vince Vaughn, so that may have had something to do with it! =) After the movie, no one was up for another, so I took Matt home and came back to see..

LVH_1Sheet_1 (Page 1)

S-A-D! It was good, maybe too because I super duper heart Jennifer Anniston, but I enjoyed it.. After the movie, I headed home and headed straight to bed.

The next morning, I did get to enjoy just being laid up on the couch, snuggled with my blanket, watching TV for most of the morning. Matt decided to play golf that afternoon, so while he was gone, I ran to the store and came back and made sausage balls for the first time to take to that evening’s festivities! let me just tell you they were YUM-O, and a HIT at the party! We attended a surprise 30th birthday party for my cousin, Brad!

IMG_3545 

Brad and I are the “same age” (me hitting the big 3-0 in January) and so we were always the closest cousins. I’m one of five boys! To say the least, he was s-h-o-c-k-e-d, and genuinely had NO idea! We arrived at about 6:30, and waited for him to get there..

IMG_3531 IMG_3532IMG_3533  This next picture really shows his emotion..IMG_3534he just kept saying, “Oh my Gosh, Oh my Gosh” haha too cute!! IMG_3536Brad hugging his dad GaryIMG_3538and our grandmother, Nini! =)

IMG_3540this was the, “I can’t believe these people came just for meeee??!!”

IMG_3541HAPPY 30TH BIRTHDAY BRAD!

IMG_3542Brad & his Momma, Teresa

                 Matt, Gary, David (Brad’s Uncle) & Brandon (Brad’s Cousin) watching the TX GameIMG_3549

IMG_3550    Aaron, calling up some ladies, no doubt…

IMG_3547 Kim (Brad’s Step-Mom) Celia (Brad’s Aunt) & Lindsay (Brad’s Cousin) ..all on his Dad’s side..

The event was held at Brent’s new house, which happens to be Lindsay’s old house, so along with Brad’s birthday, we also celebrated Brent’s house-warming party..IMG_3546 IMG_3552

IMG_3544

I was standing right next to him in this picture, it was years ago at our cousin’s wedding..but I got cut out!! ha! :) So..here I am.. I mean, who could cut this precious looking child out?!! ;)ss11

IMG_3556 

IMG_3557 Brandon & Lindsay

IMG_3558Teresa & her husband Robert

IMG_3568IMG_3569Aaron & Jacob

IMG_3563Brent & Teresa

IMG_3566  Jennifer (Jacob’s Girlfrend) & Nikki (Justin’s Wife)

sj

IMG_3565 Teresa & Nin

IMG_3570 Aaron & Brent’s Girlfriend Jennifer.. at least he’s trying.. ;)

IMG_3554 Cody & Mel were there too, ha! not sure why I didn’t get a “real picture”..Mel’s birthday was on Friday, HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEL, but she spent the entire day at the Orlando, Houston & Shreveport Airports trying to get back to Longview..she ended up not getting home until after midnight, poor thing, what a way to spend your birthday, huh?!! =(

IMG_3567 at least this one had fun!! =)

When Matt and I got home, we decided to watch a movie that Matt had been wanting to see forever. I saw that it was on pay-per-view, so I ordered it to surprise him while we were gone..419300_1020_A Ugh..have you seen this?? THE longest and slowest movie EVER!!! It was alright, it may have been that we didn’t start it until after midnight, but I couldn’t wait for it to be over, and I think Matt fell asleep!!

Sunday Funday was our normal routine, the Cowboys played the noon game, and for three very long hours I agonized over whether we would get the win or not..it was sooo painful to watch. I mean Kansas City, really Cowboys??!! Ugh- A win’s a win I suppose, thank goodness we have a bye week this week, I don’t think I could take another week of my sorry sorry team this soon!! After the game, Matt and I had a late lunch at Red Lobster, and then settled in for the night..Off to the work week..man, these weekend days seem to be going by sooo much faster!! Here’s to another!

Until Next Time!

4 comments:

The Johnstons said...

No you didn't just post the picture of you that got cut off the cake for Brad. Really, I wouldn't expect anything less! ;) Looks like y'all had a fun time and all the shots at Aaron are hilarious...and without you even writing it I know exactly who Aaron was calling on the phone...always lookin' for the ladies. You're up next for the BIG 3-0!!

The Johnstons said...

You look like one of those freak show pageant kids in that picture....

Jered

The Bobo Buzz said...

Watch it Dr. J, or you'll have the wrath of Missy upon you!! ..and fyi: I'll be passing the dress and pearls off to Ainsley soon, watch out freak show pageant dad!!

mom/MISSY said...

"FREAK SHOW PAGEANT KID!"
just wait till your precious little Ainsley is all dressed up in her Best Easter Bonnett outfit..
and the headlines of the Waco News have a pic posted of "her and her Daddy" in some outlandish story of God only knows what!!!

Candy Baby, I'm glad yall had such a good "Surprise 30 Party" for Brad! cause there is NO WAY any of us could pull off a "Surprise 30 for Candy Party" now we can just have a normal "Compound Bonfire/BeerBash" for yours, with a "FERGALIOUS" monster size cake!
Sorry Mel, did I just spoil the whole evening!!!

oh, and DR. J is NOT invited...

Holly, you and that precious
little Ainsley are welcome anytime.

Happy Birthday Melanie and Brad...