Sunday, December 14, 2008

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!!

Isn't it though.. I mean WHO doesn't love Christmas??!! This past week was a busy one. Matt worked Thursday, Friday, & Saturday..and didn't get home until well after midnight on both Thursday and Friday!! poor guy. ;)

On Tuesday evening, we celebrated my office Christmas Party at my boss Beverly's home. As I've mentioned before, I often consider my boss as my fairy god mother, but she's also little Miss Betty Homemaker! In full force! She loves to entertain, decorate, and cook cook cook! Her husband is a builder, and so they live in a beautiful home on several acres in Diana. Our entire office was in attendance, along with their spouses, and our owners. Many do not know, but the actual owners of the apartment complex where I'm employed, is actually the twin sister of Bev..so it's a very family fun laid back atmosphere. We thoroughly enjoyed the evening with friends and fabulous food. Listen to this all homemade spread: fresh fruit salad, cranberry salad, sweet potato casserole w/ brown sugar and pecans, cheese, crackers, olives and such for appetizers, and then our main course of ham-turkey-corn casserole-green bean casserole-broccoli cheese and rice casserole-fresh rolls, and fudge-divinity-pecan pie-German chocolate cake-and pumpkin cheesecake for dessert~ YUM! Here are a few pics from the evening.

Mattie & I
Me & our apartment housekeeper DiAnn! This chick is something else..I don't know if my days would be complete without hearing what OUTRAGEOUS stories she drills up!! :)
Me and my boss, Bev!
take a look at this tree.. pictures just don't do it justice..it's HUMONGOUS!! Over 10 FEET!!
Friday night, was my family's christmas party at my great aunt Snookie's house in Spring Hill. This has always been a yearly tradition for as long as I can remember. There's always a family party, and a "block party" where you'll be sure to spot country singer Neal McCoy -ha!- (which happens to be Tuesday night, but I have the Greater Longview Area Apartment Assoc. Christmas Party that night as well, so I'll have to miss this year..bummer) anyway..My great aunt, and my aunt and uncle (dad's brother) live right next door to eachother and they always go waaaayyy out for Christmas. My uncle even dresses up as Santa and gives out candycanes and takes pictures with the children driving by..and don't get me wrong..this is something that has spread by word over the years, and at times, it's bumper to bumper traffic on this one tiny street in Sring Hill! It's a must see if you're ever in the area! Here's a couple..or a lot, of pics from that evening!

The houses! ..once again pics just don't do justice! If you've seen it before..you know! :)
Our family christmas party, really consists of my grandmother's five brothers and sister's and their children's children's children, and so on..It's a great chance to catch up through the year..we munch on great food and out of this world punch, talk, laugh, visit santa, and always play bingo!! :) I have a VERY large family, and we are all quite close..I've always been told I'm related to everyone and here's why, my grandmother and her siblings!

Patsy~George Henry~Shirley~Mary "Snookie"~John "Sunny~and my grandmother Georgia "Nini"

going to check out "Santa"!

poor Talan's not to sure what to think about this whole "Santa" thing..afterall, "PawPaw's" voice coming from this huge white bearded red thing..no way!! :)


After the party, to stay in the spirit, My aunt Teresa and I, finally went and saw Four Christmases..It was cute..Saturday, Matt worked the lunch shift, and we debated over and over whether to go to the Lobo playoff game at Texas Stadium.. after much debate, and Matt being soooo warn out from the week, we decided against. UGH..wish we would have gone!! GO LOBOS..Straight to STATE..It's crazy that exactly 10 years from our Sr. year when we went to State (and lost) the Lobos are back in the State Finals game..I hope this season they win, unfortunately Matt and I have a wedding that Matt is in next Saturday, so we won't be attending the State playoff game either. GOOD LUCK LOBOS!! :)

..So after dinner at Outback last night, and now a day full of football for me and GOLF for Matt..go figure.. We prepare for the week to come. Again, I wish everyone such a blessed week..It's almost here!! 11 days until Christmas!!

Until Next Time!!

2 comments:

Ginger and Seane said...

you kill me with the song titles. lunch sounds good this week, some kind of night fun sounds even better. we should get the girls, that will be in, together for the holidays. k, love you.

The Johnstons said...

oh, how i miss the family christmas party! maybe i'll try and take parker to see santa mike while we're in town next week. however, we tried yesterday and he was having nothing to do with the guy! we'll be in town thursday night until monday morning.