Friday, September 11, 2009

..and I drove out to the County Fair..

It’s September in Texas, and you know what that means..Football & Fairs!! Yep, that’s right..last night Dad/Donna, Sammy/Jennifer, Cody/Mel/the kids, & I attended the 60th Annual Longview Jaycees Gregg County Fair!! I mentioned last year, what an annual event this is for all of us, so this year was no exception (except for my husband, that decided not to attend a family function, due to the first NFL game of the season..yea, that’s another story..it’s called TIVO) Anyhow, what an exciting and memorable night we had..here’s the pics for your viewing pleasure ( I decided to spice this post up, and do a little editing on all my photos..what do you think?? love it or hate it??!!)

We started out with the always exciting Pig Races:

IMG_2927

What a turn of events we had this year, we no longer stuck to the “kiddie” rides, whatever he was tall enough to ride, he rode..and boy did he!   IMG_2926IMG_2929IMG_2939

    I promise that’s a good scream, and not a bad one!! =)

        Surprise, Surprise that The Princess is not a fan of the fair..      IMG_2934IMG_2940IMG_2941   I love how Big Poppa’s in the background of this picture IMG_2945IMG_2953IMG_2959IMG_2961IMG_2962IMG_2965IMG_2966IMG_2979

“CaCa, Am I tall enough??!!”

IMG_2967You see that sweet baby boy through those bars..well this is what he was on!! Oh-My-Goodness!! Melanie couldn’t watch!! :) IMG_2969 IMG_2971IMG_2981IMG_2983IMG_2980

 IMG_2984

This next ride..priceless! If anyone knows my brother, you know that Cody’s a “big talker” like us all..Cody has NEVER been a fan of the “big” rides at the fair..he goes for the corndogs and funnel cakes, and now to watch his kiddos. We’ve always made fun of him for this. SO last night, he decided to be “The big dad” and ride with his son, that was completely 100% showing him up, I honestly think he just “picked a ride” that wasn’t crowded, he had no clue as to what he was in for!IMG_2987IMG_2988 Hahaha! Mel said as SOON as the ride started, Cody was screaming “OH MY GOD, GET ME OFF THIS THING, GET MY SON OFF THIS THING!!!” It took Cody a while to collect himself once he got off, We seriously thought he would throw up, but he held it together like a champ..so so funny!!IMG_2989Another great year at the fair. Maybe next year, Addi will decide to ride..something. On the way home.. one tired worn out little boy..and then, there’s her!! IMG_2990 IMG_2991

Amazing that I was still able to catch the entire second half and overtime of the game.. crazy how that worked out, huh husband??!! ;) Happy to announce I won my first game as well, up 1-0! Excited for the Lobo game tonight..and my Cowboy’s play Sunday..what a great weekend, hoping for rain, just not tonight! Have a good one!

Until Next Time!!

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

Hey girl! It was good seeing you at the game! Thanks for saying hi!

mom/missy said...

"OMG" You well know how lucky you were that your Big Brother did NOT throw up on all below him... Much less the amazement that he did not after the ride! I can only imagine what all Melanie heard while he was screaming to stop/get off that ride!
To me, this is one of your best/ FUNNIEST posts... because I have been there with yall so many times that I can close my eyes and see every square inch of the Gregg Co Fair and what yall were doing...
"Oh my... Mel couldn't watch him ride that thing! Missy would have had to have a medic!!!"
"Come on Princess Addi lets go find a Caramel Apple"
That look on her face as Donna trys to coax her is priceless! BUT, I think I can find one of you that is identical!!!
Another year at the fair!
They are a Ferguson tradition, Matt..
Becky and I used to go ONLY for:
Corn Dog, Corn on the Cob, and the Best Funnel Cake on Earth...
Get with the program... You did marry a Ferguson.
Caca you hang on to my angels at those fairs! Love ya both!

The Johnstons said...

LOVE the story about Cody...can totally see it!! Have you gotten the Moses basket yet? Is it clean? Ainsley cannot sleep in filth! ;)

Anonymous said...

I googled Gregg County Fair pics and got your site. We are working on the Uniquely Longview Magazine and need some pictures of the fair. Would you be willing to have us use some of yours in the Arts and Events section? Please contact me at
glenda@forbesbutler.com or call at 903-753-2098.

Thank you

Glenda Ross