Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tight Fittin’ Jeans..

Ha!! Whew! Another holiday weekend has come and gone, ironic that it was “Labor day” because all I did was WORK!!!! Let’s see..on Friday night, Matt and I went over to my dad’s to visit a little, with his best friend Chris from Minnesota, where we graciously dined on steak and baked potatoes. :) We had a wonderful catch-up, chit-chat with Christopher, and afterwards returned home to catch the end of the Cowboy’s LAST preseason game..Hallelujah!!

On Saturday, Matt and I began the chore of the weekend, COMPLETELY cleaning and organizing our apartment! When Matt moved in with me, we sorta just put his things wherever, I gave him a {small} part of a hall closet, and the rest he just made due with. Well..it got pretty insane quickly. I may be an extremely organized person, but somehow I went wrong, very wrong, when it comes to clothes. I hate hate hate doing laundry, folding clothes, hanging up clothes, anything to do with clothes. This is nothing new, it’s always been that way, and I’ve just never seemed to break the cycle, until now! We got the apartment, minus the bedroom, completely spotless, floors vacuumed and mopped, tables dusted, bathroom scrubbed,  fall decorations out, before calling it quits. Late that afternoon, Matt and I cleaned up and headed to Tyler for Longview’s second game of the season against Robert E. Lee. We stopped and grabbed a quick bite to eat at Julian’s (one of our favorite places) and headed straight for the game. We met Ginger and Seane at the game, and so enjoyed watching the Lobos beat Lee 31-7! GO LOBOS!! [I’ve already bought my tickets for this weeks game at home against Natchitoches! We’re hardcore!] :)

Sunday was more of the same, only this day it was time to conquer….the bedroom!! Unfortunately my husband wouldn’t allow me to post a “before” picture, so sadly, you can’t completely grasp the magnitude of the mound of clothes that existed, but this might give you a glimpse into what it was like..

IMG_2920

yep, you saw right…that is 12, count them TWELVE bags of.. Tight Fittin’ Jeans!! ;) To make myself look better, I can say that the reason clothes magically gravitated towards my floor, is because I had NO where to put them, for the TWELVE bags of too little clothes that filled my closet!! It was so surreal going through my clothes that no longer fit me, all those 6-8-10’s..jeans that brought back sooo many memories, pajama pants, soooo many pajama pants, or my JMS sweatshirts, terps dresses, prom dresses, my “Lillies” shirt, girls I know you remember the Lillies shirts, sadly all of you can prob. STILL wear yours!! ;) Oh, but not me..12 bags, 12 bags is all I gotta say! After the closet, I moved on to dusting and organizing the rest of the room, only to proudly be able to show you this..

IMG_2923

There was actually carpet underneath all those clothes..I SEE CARPET!!! {Love the new jack-o-lantern Scentsy, want one?? Let me know! ;) } It’s amazing to hear Matt go back in the back now and open the closet to get something out of it.. open the closet to get clothes out..what a concept! ;)

IMG_2925

All those hangers are just waiting patiently for me to finish the 20, no exaggeration, 20 loads of laundry that will soon refill my closet. HOWEVER on Monday, Matt and I quickly learned that the heating element had gone out on our dryer..WHAT?!?!! So, my maintenance man here at the apartments is over there looking at it as we speak..how am I gonna finally clean my room and get ready to do laundry and my dryer’s broke..go figure!!  Maybe I’ll post an “after” picture, once all my clothes are clean and hung up! ;)

So there you have it..our weekend. Please don’t judge; only praise me for my good deeds.. finally. =) I promise to do better. I can’t wait to get a house, just think of how much garage sale $$ my tight fittin’ jeans will bring in!! :)

Hope your holiday weekend was as productive as ours!!  

Until Next Time!!

6 comments:

mom/missy said...

"OH... MY... GG... GOSH..."
If there is anyone in this world that KNOWS... WHAT you have ACCOMPLISHED!!! it is me...
I am so PROUD of YOU!!!
I am so PROUD of YOU!!!

Your mommy has to take most of the credit for WHY you have HAD that
Laundry Default... I did it for you, till you got to that throw it
on the floor thing in High School... then it was my fault for not picking it up, like I always had... So I'm SORRY for my part in
the PAST.... the end of the past...

The NOW again... You did a WONDERFUL thing... I Love You!!!
The room is as Beautiful as we always new it could be!!!
The CLOSET is Phenomenal!!! (sp)
FANTASTIC!!!
Yall had a VERY GOOD weekend!

Come HELP me move out of "The Closet" How can I have so much stuff, for so little space...
"The Bachalorette Pad" is never going to hold it all... and it's 10times bigger! I could probaby match your 12 bags of clothes, couldn't I??? Can hardly wait for yall to come down...

again, I as SO PROUD of you...
Your BEDROOM is Beautiful...
"Let's keep it that way!"
That is PRAISE and Pure Pride!

Lauren said...

So proud Candy!! :) Lillies shirts!! I remember!!! Love you!

Colleen said...

WOW!!I have seen the before pics of your bedroom and WOW...thats all I can say is WOW and OH MY GOSH!!! You weren't lyin today when you said you worked all weekend...way to go girl...it looks GOOOD!!! Maybe now Matt won't have problems falling asleep, he will know where or better yet WHAT he will be stepping on :)

The Johnstons said...

Wow, I am SO impressed!! Your bedroom looks great! Did you find any kitties under those piles of clothes? ;) Love ya!

mom/missy said...

Holly Johnson... I KNEW you would not be able to resist a "hid kitty" comment... You are so bad! Glad to know our same old Holly girl is in that super mommy skin...
Only excused because you are her best friend!
Let's get that little Ainsley here.
CaCa needs another little girl...
Glad you two get to have some Best Friend time with Ainsley's arrival!
Love you Both...

Ginger and Seane said...

omg!! i have extreme doubts about this getting done. once again, my dear, you have amazed me! now candy...really...keep it up. :)