Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Sweet Sweet Baby!!

Well All, I’m back..and am happy to announce we welcomed Ainsley Grace Johnston into the world on September 18th!! What a tiny, sweet, precious blessing all rolled into one she is; all 7 pounds 6 ounces, and 19 inches long of her!! :)

It all started Thursday, once I left work and headed for Athens to spend the night with Mom. We met in Tyler, had dinner at El Chico’s and headed for The Ranch soon after. We had a fun night hanging out, and Friday morning, I rolled outta bed and headed for Waco! I got there a little after 11, just in time to spend a couple of hours with Holly & Jered, before Ainsley’s arrival.

“Holly Before”IMG_3014

Around 1 or so, the Dr. said it was time, so Holly’s brother & his girlfriend (Keith & Sabrina), J-Pa & T-Ma (Jered’s Parents), Belinda (Holly’s Mom) and Grandma & PaPa Nelson (Holly grandparents) and I, all headed for the waiting room, to wait on baby Ainsley to get here! Keith & Sabrina graciously traded out with J-Pa & T-Ma to help watch Parker for the day, so that they could be there too! A little after 2, we got the news, that Ainsley was born at 1:19, and it was time for us to go in and see her.. we all rushed in the room, to find this sweet baby girl!!

IMG_3015  IMG_3019IMG_3020

Her First Bath:

 IMG_3027 IMG_3024 IMG_3025

Every time I took a picture, I screamed, because these totally don’t depict the real Ainsley! She’s sooo much smaller in real life! :)

IMG_3030

When Ainsley was born, the nurses noticed something wrong with her collar bone, and after a couple of X-Rays, the doctors confirmed, that she had in fact, fractured her left collar bone..poor sweet thing. They pinned up her arm, for the first 24 hours, and said it should be fine after that..she never acted like it bothered her, so God willing, we sure pray everything will be ok..

a

The time came, for Parker to finally meet his new baby sister.. so J-Pa & T-Ma went and got him..he wasn’t quite sure what to make of it all, but he completely understood who she was and where she came from! After a sec of checking her out, he was off to playing, and sipping on momma’s Dr. Pepper! :) A couple of times later, we asked Parker if he wanted to see or kiss his new baby sister..and his answer, “No!” haha!! ;)

IMG_3041  

IMG_3045

Holly got a little emotional, seeing both her babies for the first time..IMG_3031 Her nurse came in right after this, and I joked with Holly, that the nurse was going to think she had post-partum depression already!! ;)

Holly-Parker-Jered-Ainsley-T-Ma & J-Pa!!IMG_3032

The Johnston’s First Family Photo! ;)IMG_3037 IMG_3049

IMG_3058 Holly, opening up gifts for Ainsley from Aunt CaCa!! :)Here’s a peak of what was inside:

IMG_3006

ainsgifts

Holly’s friend Nicki and her precious family got there about that time, and Nic couldn’t slap a bow in Ainsley’s hair fast enough!! :)

IMG_3055 IMG_3060                                   IMG_3062 IMG_3063IMG_3064IMG_3069

After all the crowds kinda died down, I left to grab Holly and Jered and I a bite for dinner, and around 10 o’ clock, I decided to part ways with sweet little Ainsley and give her momma and daddy some much needed rest..so I headed back to Holly’s to catch up on some sleep too! Saturday morning, bright and early with a 2 year old ;), I awoke and got ready for the day. T-Ma & J-Pa headed to the hospital, and I hung out with Parker, until everyone came home that afternoon.. we played and played, and played some more..watched some Little Einstein’s, and were happy to see mom and baby sister back home so soon!

IMG_3086 IMG_3077    Parker’s non-existent nap that day..sorry mom & dad!! ;) ..and yes, I closed the blinds!!  

Ainsley’s crib and letter’s her Aunt Jody made her, how cute are these??!!IMG_3071IMG_3072  I hate that these next pics are blurry, but I had to include them..their first official coming home photos!! :)  IMG_3090 IMG_3091IMG_3093  IMG_3095                                     Parker, checkin’ out his new baby sis!                                 IMG_3106 IMG_3109IMG_3113 IMG_3114

                                              IMG_3089 IMG_3101 Of course, I had to bring Parker some goodies, so here’s what he got from CaCa  IMG_3116 IMG_3117 IMG_3119

Thomas & Percy for the bathtub, a sweet 4X4 remote control 4wheeler, & and a nurf dart gun that had to be H-I-D, per the parents!! ;) We had a nice relaxing evening in that night, T-Ma made roast, carrots, and potatoes {YUMMY} and we all just visited and stared at Ainsley! ;)

       IMG_3124 IMG_3125

T-Ma & Holly washing Ainsley’s hair..

The next morning, I awoke, played with Parker and Ainsley for a bit, before I started getting ready for the..OH did I forget to mention I was going to the COWBOY’S GAME that day!!! THE. FIRST. EVER. COWBOYS. GAME. IN. THE. NEW. STADIUM. PEOPLE!!! :) Holly’s grandmother had won free tickets to the game, and GRACIOUSLY gave them to Matt & I! :)  

        IMG_3129

IMG_3128  

Holly got a picture of her and I and the kids before I left, so I’ll post it as soon as she gets to her blog..you know, in all the spare time she’ll have!! ;) I had such a wonderful time hanging with The Johnston’s, and felt so blessed to be able to share in this amazing time with my best friend. Holly, I am so proud of you, and words can’t explain how much I love you, and what a fantastic mother you’ve become! I already miss you all! Can’t wait to see yall again real soon, I can’t imagine how big both of them will be..so wish you lived closer!!

Hope you all enjoyed this post..the miracle of life still amazes me!! Welcome Ainsley Grace!! :)

Until Next Time!!  ..and the next time is my FULL Cowboy’s wrap-up post, so STAY TUNED..woohoo!! :)

4 comments:

mom/missy said...

BEAUTIFUL....
Words do not do justice to this wonderful story of love and happiness... Blessed Friendship you two girls share... Ainsley is precious, but her entire family is the whole special gift of love...
I love you Candy... I'm so proud you are My Little Baby Girl.

Colleen said...

WOW....you are simply amazing at your posts Candy. I truly feel like I am there. Thank you for being so into every DETAIL :) That baby is adorable...oh my gosh...she's one of those newborns that you can actually say...no really, she is a beautiful baby! :)

The Johnstons said...

Thank you for this wonderful post! We (yes, even Jered! ;) ) were so thankful to have you here for the weekend. Let's not wait 2 more years before you come visit again! I LOVE all your pictures and the fact that you didn't miss a thing. Love you!!

And the picture of you and Parker playing is not bad...I think it's a cute action shot and shows how happy Parker is. The majority of you is covered by the chair and train table!

One more thing..I'm getting you lots of hits with the link from my blog! ;)

Sally said...

Aunt Caca - i am one of HOlly's friends and she directed us to your blog for more details and pics on Ainsley's birth! you did so good capturing it all, and wow! that gift basket was awesome!! everyone needs an Aunt Caca - hee hee. :)
Congrats Auntie!!
Sally C.