Tuesday, March 24, 2009

All the Single Ladies..

Now put your hands up.. {just kidding} So..where to begin.. I'll start with the post title. Did anyone see O's show yesterday? More importantly, did any of you SINGLE ladies see O's show yesterday? If you didn't..you missed out.

H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S!!!! and, sooooo true! Occasionally, if Matt's feeling extra nice, he watches my shows with me in the evenings, instead of retiring back to the bedroom for his non-stop Golf channel.. So yesterday, was one of those days..constantly, Matt would shake his head and say, "Yep, Yep" to what Steve was saying.. If you're a single lady, looking for a good man.. then this is a MUST read!! He explained all about how good women can't find good men, (Luckily, I did!!)because we've all lowered our standards, on what we require from a man (Colleen..are you reading this??!!) I think just about every subject was covered, and so candidly. Great real life, everyday, no nonsense book!! Two Thumbs Up!!

Now onto our weekend.. Matt and I decided to try something new on Friday night. We hadn't been out to eat, in almost a week and a HALF ;) so we decided to try a little steakhouse in Avinger, that we had heard so much about. YUCK~GROSS~DISGUSTING!! I ordered a filet (which I always do) medium-well. It was the burntest, darkest, piece of beef jerky I've ever eaten!! ..and not cheap, I might add! Needless to say, we will not be going back..so no rave reviews here. Saturday was a beautiful quiet day. Matt had somehow gotten a crick in his neck, which pained him most of the weekend, so he decided to give up golf that morning {you know he was REALLY in pain, for that!} so, we laid around, had some lunch, and watched this..

it was a lovely tear jerker, my favorite!! Sunday, Matt and I headed over to MeeMaw and PawPaw's house for a cookout with Mikki/Clay and the kiddos! PawPaw cooked steaks (this one was FanTastic!!) and pan fried potatoes/onions, Mik made a salad, and I fried up some squash!! It was such a yummy meal!! We enjoyed our day, relaxing on the boathouse, feeding the catfish..but night came fast and we headed back to Longview. Here's a pic I snatched from Mik from the day..we weren't very good picture bloggers!! I apologize! ;)

I'm really looking forward to this weekend! Matt and I are having a little mini-getaway to Dallas! We haven't been anywhere since our honeymoon, so this will be a nice treat. Christian has a gymnastics meet on Saturday morning that we'll attend, then we will be eating lunch at PF Chang's with the Bobo/Funderburk fam's. Afterwards, Matt and I are going to stay in Dallas, and go to the Zoo/Cheesecake Factory the next day. -no word yet, on whether the Funderburk's will be joining us- :) I wanted this getaway, but didn't want to spend an arm and a leg on it either, so I began to research hotel rooms this morning, and look at the DEAL I found!! We are staying at ALoft Las Colinas, which is a "W" hotel..for..are you ready for this.. $45 DOLLARS!!!!!!!! I am one HECK of a DEAL searcher!!! Look at these pics!!

sooo chic, and modern..right up our ally!! We'll See!!


Until Next Time!!


I'll leave you with some sweet new pics, I stole from Mel..I know my readers are prob. going through Addi and Brennan withdrawals, b/c I haven't see them in so long to take pics!! ;) So, here goes..

..and have no fear, I'm sure I'll have an AI wrap-up later on in the week!! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so funny with your Oprah reviews. I hate that your filet was not good (what a bummer)! I'm glad you will get to come to Dallas to hang out--LOVE P.F.'s!

Lulu's Journey said...

so... how did you find such a great deal @ that hotel? I am an avid fan of starwood hotels and always try to stay at them. Love the Westin's bed!! Give my your tip!