Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Just a Swingin'

Howdy Folks! Another week down..my this year sure is flying by fast! Let's see, Friday night Matt and I went and saw this..

A word to the wise..DO NOT go see this! Oh my goodness..I was NOT prepared for this movie! It is by far one of the most graphic movie's I've ever seen in my life! It wasn't a "scary" movie I'd say, just a suspenseful one..but wow! There were moments that left me completely speechless..again, W-O-W!!

Saturday, Matt and I headed back over to Mikki & Clay's, where MeeMaw and PawPaw met us this time. We so enjoyed a wonderful day/evening of food, fun, and games. Clay cooked out hamburgers, and I made my guacamole and a vege tray..yum yum good! We enjoyed getting to get outside and watch Clara on her new swing..
We also had a little rematch in the guys vs. girls, game of..

However, this time around, the boys won..I think it was totally rigged though..I mean, how am I gonna answer, "The Nutty Professor" and them say NO, b/c it was, "The Nutty Professor II!!" Rigged!! ;) After our game concluded, Matt and I headed home.

Sunday was another lazy one for us..not quite sure why we didn't do anything that day..that night however, I made homemade this..
Lasagna!! It was O-so yummy!! Until recently Matt and I have spent the most of our time together eating out. Sure I'll occasionally make spaghetti, roast, or we'll grill out..but we usually almost ALWAYS ate out. So, we've tried to change that and save a little money..However, I honestly don't think it's saving us THAT much money!! By the time I go to the grocery store, buy things for the week, come home, cook, then clean..I think ugh..what's the use..we could've ran out, gotten a bite to eat, and been home without any of this hard work!! So..needless to say, I'm not sold on the idea quite yet! ;) Here's a dish I made last week as well..
King Ranch Chicken..one of my favorites!! Can you tell I'm really in to casserole's??!! Matt..not so much! ..and for dessert..

cupcakes!! I was in the midst of baking these, when Matt told me, he wasn't really a fan of cupcakes unless they were super moist..so I looked around the kitchen to see what I could "add" to them to make them moist, and alas, I came up with cake icing and whipped cream (I know) but..they were FANTASTIC!! Super moist!! Don't worry..I only had a few, I took most of them to work with me the next day to get rid of..

No post would be complete, without an American Idol wrap-up. With 2 down..
and 1 to go tonight.. I thought last night's "country-themed," was sooo good!! Didn't yall??!! However, I questioned whether there are any girls in the competition this year.. Danny brought me to tears, Anoop touched my heart, thank goodness Anoop Dogg is back, and my beloved Matt didn't let me down!!..but then, there was this..

Johnny Cash meets Marilyn Manson..what the bloody hell was that??!! Matt and I even had to rewind Adam last night for a double take!! So dark and so morbid, yet so genius! Kara said something like she felt dirty and strange, but she liked it..I felt the same way. Boy can hit notes I've never heard of..and it's flawless.. craziness!!

Have a great rest of the week..should be beautiful!!

Until Next Time..

7 comments:

Mikki said...

First let me say that I am oh, so proud of you for cooking!!! Secondly, let me add that lasagna is not a casserole and it is not CHEAP to make!! =)(my opinion). If you want help on cheap grocery shopping I can help in any way you would want me to. =) If you spent $35 a night on eating out only 5 days a week that is $700 a MONTH!! I can feed our family of 5 breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, diapers, etc. for $800 and that it not scrimping or saving by any means!! It can and WILL pay off if you let it!!!

Team Green said...

I grocery shop once every two weeks, with one run back for milk and maybe bread, and I cook at least 4 times a week, eating leftovers and sandwiches in between, and I spend about $100-$150 each trip. Fam of 4! Diapers included. That's when it gets up to $150. Come with me; I'll teach you too.

Unknown said...

Eating out is something bad that Shawn and I do...we do it way too much. I won't be any help for you in this department, but I am trying to get better :) We do try to eat healthy when we go out, though. Let me know if you find out any secrets. Love the AI wrap up!

Anonymous said...

The Daughter, The Bride,
The Wife, The Homemaker...
I am So Proud of you...
(grocery shopping will be a
trick for you, since you mommy spoiled you terrible
at the store... if you wanted it, you got it...)
probably since your brother only ate 4 items till he was 21... that meant all the groceries were for you or Dad.
But it is cheaper than eating out, every nite!!!
and Mikki is right,good Lasagna is not cheap... (except it's great leftover... GO GIRL...

Lulu's Journey said...

I need recipes.... send them my way... also... love the blog headers... Mikkis looks great!

The Tenner Family said...

If you're tired of spending so much money cooking lasaga, I suggest Stouffer's Lasagna. It's about 7-8 bucks, and it tastes SOOO good. I'm with you, ingredients are too expensive sometimes. Plus, it's ready in 90 minutes. Can't beat that!

By the way, I'm still totally rooting for Adam. There's just something about him...

The Johnstons said...

Totally impressed with the cooking! Maybe with your newly acquired culinary skills you can try that chicken and rice again! ;)