Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Our God is an Awesome God!!

Whew!! Let me say that again, Whew!! What a jam-packed, exciting, busy busy, egg-celent Easter weekend!! It all started Thursday evening as soon as I got off work. Brennan, Demi, & Cameron (my boss's grandson) all had ball games in Diana, so Matt and I headed North to be at the park by 6. What an interesting game night it was! I took about a bazillion pics over the weekend, but blogger takes FOREVER to upload and organize pics, so I'll just hit the highlights with the pics {does everyone else have this problem..is there an easier way, that I'm just not aware of??!! please say there is!} none-the-less, here goes!
This was our first time watching Demi play..and man oh man, oh my! This is Demi's coach running out to get Demi as she just randomly just runs onto the field whenever she pleases, DURING the game..
This is Demi's other coach, "placing" Demi on home plate! ;)
between Demi picking up dirt, and throwing it down or rubbing it on her jersey.. this is Demi posing for a picture WHILE at bat!! :)
..and this is Demi standing still, AFTER she's hit the ball..just watching everyone scramble to come tag her out!! the funniest thing I've ever seen..F-U-N-N-Y!! God love her, at least she's cute!! :)
and Cam..center field!After all the games concluded, Matt and I headed back to the View for some dinner before making it home. Friday was a glorious morning of sleeping in, while Matt was at WORK! ;) I just loved it!! After my soap, and a load of laundry, I headed to Wal-Mart, Target, Super One, Old Navy and Toys R' Us for toys and gifts and food for the upcoming festivities. Once Matt got home from work, we made our way over to Mikki and Clay's to celebrate PawPaw's (Matt's dad) 58th Birthday!! MeeMaw & PawPaw, the Funder5, Us, and Keith's mom and brother (GiGi & Jerry) all joined in for a cookout and celebration. I made chips and guacamole, a vege tray, and a chicken cheese ball..Clay and Mik grilled out steaks, had some loaded mashed potatoes and a salad, MeeMaw made a green bean casserole, and we had Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake to top the night off with! YUMMY!

hangin out in the front yard..

Matt had an amazing break-through moment that evening with Clara..Clara has always been stuck to her mommy and daddy like glue, and hardly ever offers love to "outsiders"..well, that all changed when she went straight to Matt and laid her shoulder down on his, while he was sitting down in the grass..to which Matt responded, "Aww Clara..I like her now!" :) it was pretty cute!
{I think she was just delirious.. ;) }

maybe this picture could explain why Clara doesn't come to other people so freely..oh Jerry!! :)

Happy Happy Birthday PawPaw, we're so glad we got to celebrate it with you!!

Saturday morning, bright and early, Matt headed out to play golf -of course- with PawPaw and Clay, I hung around and waited for Matt to get home, so we could head to...
for Brennan's 5th Birthday Party!!
The big boys had just as much fun as the little ones! maybe too much fun..Andy, waiting in the wings, to peg some unsuspecting kid!!

Matt had a little too much fun!! He made it his mission to bombard kids on the big slide, which led one little girl to ask, "WHO's daddy are you?!" :)

the kids favors..sooo cute!! :)

After the party, Matt and I drove back to Cody & Mel's, to spend a little more time with the kids, and watch Brennan open some more gifts. PawPaw Sammy got him a new dirt bike, and he also got a Wii from his Mom and Dad..

Princess Addi got a scooter too... ;)
presents from Missy..
Once it got dark, Matt and I were starving so we headed to Chili's for dinner. Before heading home, we made a quick pit stop off at Blockbuster, so we could grab this..

I had been wanting to watch if for a while now, after all the hype it had gotten, and I have to say..we both enjoyed it..pretty good!

Sunday morning came early, and so did the thunderstorms! After several unsuccessful attempts to get my husband out of bed to attend church, I finally settled for Easter Sunday Service on TV. I remembered First Baptist played their morning services, so I thought to myself..YES! Not all is lost, and hurried into the living room. About 10 minutes in, I was so saddened to hear Pastor Tim say, and next Sunday, Easter Sunday...nooooo it was a week behind!! :( So I settled! But didn't forget the true meaning of the day. Easter..the day Jesus was resurrected. The fact that He was willing to give his life for us, in order to give you and I eternal life and everlasting peace. What a magnificent day to know that we are loved so much!! Thank you Jesus!!
Matt and I had a busy day planned, starting with my family, with lunch at my aunt Teresa's. I always enjoy getting together with my family. I am the only girl with 5 boys, and we are all pretty close, so it's always a treat to see how civilized holidays will play out. There's always something going on!! This year was no exception. The failing economy has affected one of my cousins, Aaron, as he was laid off from his job in the oil field. While the ladies were all gathering "treats" (candy and MONEY to fill in the eggs for the kids), my aunt Teresa was asking for donations..when she scollded Aaron to give his change, Aaron replied with, "Teresa give a guy a break..I have no job!" It was pretty funny, but sad at the same time. Aaron kept trying to convince Brennan to split his loot 50/50!! :)
The Ferguson Men in line for food...first...go figure! :)
After Teresa's, Matt and I headed to the Lake to meet with his side for another lunch and gathering. On the way, Matt and I decided to take a "short-cut" and we got lost on a never ending maze of black top roads, for I kid you not..THIRTY minutes!! It was AWFUL!! If you know me at all, I pride myself with my "directional sense" as one of my best qualities! It was like I was in my own living hell..with every fork in the road, it was like a toss up as to where to go..Matt and I could NOT for the life of us, get out of this maze..luckily we spotted some kid, who was able to tell us..take a right, then a quick left, then another left, then a quick right..UGH--he didn't even know how to get out of his own neighborhood--but we made it!! :)

Mikki decided to dye some eggs - OLD SCHOOL - and I was happy to help!

My egg..it has my name on it, you just can't really tell..I'm so creative!! ;)

What a wonderful holiday spent with family. I'm just sad it went by sooo fast!! I believe my post title really does say it all.. Our God is an Awesome God..and I am so thankful for what God did and has done for me.. we are all so blessed with so many wonderful times and things.. How great that this holiday just reinterates all of that. I'll some up this post with some prayer requests..two of my closest friends are going through a really rough time right now. One's grandmother just passed away on Easter, and the other's is on the brink. Also my friend Christy had surgery this morning, as well as my step-mother..and one of my brother's partner's took his life yesterday.. I am confident that God has a plan for everything, and he will take care of all, but if you would..say a little prayer!! :)
Until Next Time!!


1 comment:

mom/missy said...

This is a beautiful posting.
I am so proud of you.