Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Happy Birthday to Smalls!!

One of my very best besties turns 29 today! One year away, from the Big 3-0!! Holly Michele Nelson Johnston and I have been friends going on 15 years (this year!) In that time, we have had an indescribable friendship. We’ve been through thick and thin together, and we’re still going strong.


Holly immediately took a liking to me that rainy day in May. I on the other hand, took quite the convincing, from Grandma Nelson to "take her in," as my friend. Holly loves me, because I always have the ability to make her do this..

One of my very special charms! :) Holly on the other hand, has the ability to write incredibly rude horrible creative English papers about her dear friend. Man, what I wouldn't do right now, to be able to post those for the blog world..

Smalls, as I so affectionately call her, has been such an incredible blessing in my life, and I don’t know where I’d be without her. In our 15 years together, I can’t think of a single milestone that we haven't shared together. Birthday Parties, Graduations, Moves, Anniversaries ;), Engagements, Weddings..

It was such an honor to stand by her side when she married, as well as her by mine when I married, and an absolute joy to be present when she welcomed her first child, Parker, into the world. I can’t wait until September when she will welcome her second!

So here's to you Smalls, I wish you such a fantastic day, on this day-your Birthday!

A short stroll down memory lane..
Happy Birthday- I love you dearly!! :)

Until Next Time!

4 comments:

The Venables said...

Great post! Love that Smalls and love the pics! Happy Birthday, Holly!!

Anonymous said...

You two girls are so very
blessed to have each other
and share this true love
called friendship.
I love you both.
"Happy Birthday Holly"

The Johnstons said...

Awwww, thanks for the oh so sweet post!! I loved it!! If I could find the poem right now, I just don't know if it would be appropriate for blog publication. ;) And note to self: Do not take close-up pictures of my face when I am 9 months pregnant. Not attractive! I need to at least include the belly in the picture!

Thanks for everything! And I can't wait for you to be here in September, too! Love you!!

Team Green said...

Yea! I love the post; brought tears. Love the pictures of you two good looking ladies. I want that poem on here Smally Smalls. I need a good laugh.