Sunday, February 22, 2009

Cat *Bite* Fever!

Another interesting week goes down in the books..whew! This past week, Matt and I had the privilege of keeping the kiddos (Brennan & Addi) for a couple of days. Melanie just landed a fantastic new job in hospital sales, so she was sent off to New Jersey for training. Cody, along with a couple of guy pals and Andy & Casey were in New Mexico skiing. So the 2 littles were divied up between family. Sunday was Missy's day. Monday was PawPaw Sammy's day. Tuesday PawPaw Daryl and Nana's, while Wednesday and Thursday belonged to Aunt CaCa and Uncle Matt. I also spent the day Saturday "helping" out Cody as he got back into the swing of things..

I picked the kids up from "school", and we immediately headed to the "playground" here at the apartments. Brennan and Addi enjoy the walk to and from the playground much more than the actual playground, because they love seeing how many cats or dogs they'll encounter along the way. Quite the animal lovers them two, well....until.. **Stay Tuned** :)

After a couple potty breaks, and walks to the slide (sorry, no pics CaCa forgot to grab her camera) Matt and I loaded the kids up in the car and headed to Posados for dinner. Yes, we're brave..taking the 2 and 4 year old's out in public!! A few chips, tortillas, grated cheese, sopapillas and honey, and a little ice cream later, we rushed back to throw the kids in the bath.

Uncle Mattie brushing out the tangles..she wanted him to do it! {On a side note, is she not the CUTEST thing you've ever seen??!! ;) }

..and bubba before the incident..

Sweet and innocent right, just lovin on Minnie.. WRONG! Minnie, or "Mean Minnie" as she's more commonly referred to, had another agenda..

and boy, did all H-E-double hockey sticks break loose after that!! Amazing that I was able to snap the actual incident on film at the exact moment!! What a fantastic blogger I am! :)

After a solid 15 minute melt down, and no exaggeration there..I was able to coax Brennan back into reality with a viewing of Madagascar 2!


Off to bed, and only FOUR or FIVE wakeup's later of, "CaCa I'm scared..Minnie's going to get me..Can I sleep with you" later, dawn arrived. ;)

Thursday was more of the same, with a little soccer practice thrown in the mix, and Dada welcomed his children home! Saturday bright and early, I headed over to Cody and Mel's to watch Addi, while Cody took Brennan to T-ball events.

I always enjoy my time with Brennan and Addi. At first it was only Brennan, and so he captured most of my heart. Even for much of Addi's first year, I was still all about Bubba. Lately though, I just can't get enough of that sweet little Addi. I don't know if it's the girl thing, or that she's the "baby", but Addi just melts my heart and she just loooves her CaCa! Saturday was extra special Addi/CaCa time. (I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact that she hasn't seen her momma in over a week ;) lol!) I just love the fact that kids are so unconditionally loving. It was like I was the only person alive. We played and rocked, and rocked some more. In those moments, it's hard to imagine she could EVER do wrong! I have faith, Matt and I will be good parents, and I look forward to the path that God has for us. I do have to admit after all my children banter, I have been getting a slight case of the baby fever these days..HOWEVER, that by no means, means that it's going to happen anytime soon! ;)

Today, I'm feeling a little under the weather, and enjoying a nice relaxing quite afternoon at home. Matt's off playing golf. I've got a roast in the crock pot, and I can't wait for some homemade mashed potatoes and a little fried squash for dinner with Oscar!! ;)

I hope everyone has a fantastic week ahead! I wish Mel safe travels home, before she's off AGAIN for a cruise to Mexico with one of her good friends! Sucks to be her right about now, huh?! :)

Until Next Time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My angel's sad face... oh
me, it breaks my heart.
Always has, always will...
His smile wins the world
and my heart... the thing
is he LOVES cats, and in
particular CaCa's Minnie, (she has a reputation for putting you in your place)
she has pushed Brennan away before but,
I have No fear that he
will be right back lovin
her in a few visits...