Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Who’s Your Daddy

{this musical headline makes me giggle a bit} :)

Ok.. on to the Father’s day post! Sunday of course, was Father’s day, and Matt and I got to spend it with both of our wonderful fathers. After the long wedding weekend, Matt and I loved being able to sleep in that morning. Matt had also been at Clay and Mikki’s, house-sitting for the previous two days, so it was also nice to have the hubby back at home. Around 11ish, we headed to WalMart to pick up items for lunch. On the menu, hamburgers and homemade ice cream!! After our pit stop, we made our way to Cody and Mel’s, to begin preparing lunch and relaxing in the Sun.

Brennan & Melaina (Mel’s niece) IMG_2087

Brennan, Addi, and PawPawIMG_2091 

My sweet little tired princess ;)IMG_2094

Crazy man trying out his “new tricks”IMG_2093

A Poppa’s day pic!!IMG_2095

IMG_2097 IMG_2098

princess was still a little tired..

IMG_2101

After spending half the day, enjoying time with the Ferguson side, it was time for Matt and I to head to Tyler. We arrived around 4ish, ate a great dinner of brisket, macaroni & cheese, and corn on the cob, made by MeeMaw, and headed out to the lake. We spent the rest of the evening floating and riding on the boat.

IMG_2103 IMG_2104 Sorry not more pics, I was too busy sunning.. ;)

IMG_2106(If you look real close, you can see Mattie & PawPaw in the background of this pic..so technically I did get a father’s day pic!)

Matt and I are both so thankful for the wonderful, loving, role models we have for fathers. I know we would be no where without the love and support they’ve both given us throughout the years. We love you both very much, and appreciate everything yall do for us…

Happy Father’s Day!!

Until Next Time!

PS: Perhaps in a year or two, we’ll be celebrating a Father’s day of our own.. we got baby fever!! Shhhhh!! ;)

5 comments:

bzanolini said...

This comment is for the whole blog lately. You are such a dork and make me laugh!! The things you blog about are hillarious! The movies and all the local happenings. You sound like you are having a good time with life. Thanks for making me smile. Hope we see each other sometime soon. Tell Matt hi too!

Mikki said...

YEAH!!! on the baby fever thing!! I cannot wait!! A kiddoe will be good for you two!! As they are for all of us...If we time it right and I work on Clay we could maybe have/adopt one around the same time...shhhh!!

Team Green said...

OH MY GOSH! I'm speechless.

The Johnstons said...

OH NO!!! I refuse to call and tell you any more sweet stories about Parker ever again! You and Matt like your sleep WAY too much to even be thinking about bringing a child into this world right now! How about you come stay with me for the weekend, I'll let you wake up with Parker every morning, and then you can reconsider your fever. ;)

Glad y'all had a wonderful weekend!

Mikki said...

Okay....no negativity towards adding to the family PLEASE!! I want more nieces and nephews!! Who ever wants to give up their sleep before they have kids?? Heck, I don't want to give up my sleep now and I am wanting a 4th child!! =) Children change you in the most glorious ways if you allow God to do it all!!